Thursday, March 21, 2013

Get Healthy: Reaching My First Goal

My first goal since starting my new get healthy goals in January was to lose one entire pants size by summer and I did it!  For weeks I kept losing weight but I was stuck in between sizes for what felt like foreeeeever!  I'm rather proud of myself for reaching this goal since there have been ups and downs and plenty of frustration along the way, not to mention I reached it early! 

Heeeeello smaller jeans :D

So far I've lost a total of 15 pounds and I've been keeping up with exercising diligently and eating lower carb healthier meals has become part of my daily life without much of a hitch.  I still have the occasional indulgence now and again, but I hardly even crave sweets and heavy carb loaded foods.  Of course that makes it easier to keep in check!

My new best friend, two of these babies is 64 oz, sometimes I drink three!

I've increased the amount of water I drink daily to a minimum of 64oz (one of my "need to improve" areas) and after almost two weeks I no longer feel like I'm visiting the bathroom 400 times a day.  That could not have come fast enough!  I know drinking plenty of fluids helps flush toxins out and aids greatly in healthy weight loss. 

My ultimate goal is to lose two sizes to get back to where I was before I got pregnant with my daughter.  I never gave myself a deadline to reach it but I bet I can do it by the end of summer.  My weight and inch loss isn't as fast as it was when I first started, so I know my body is getting used to my daily regimen.  Time to step it up!  Then, even after reaching this goal, I will not quit.  I've worked hard to make it this far and I want to continue to trim and tone myself.  I want to be fit, not thin.  I don't ever want to go back to feeling tired and uncomfortable in my own skin!


3 comments:

  1. that's wonderful!!! I've started on a weight loss trip too...I've got myfitnesspal on my phone and richard simmons on my television. lol. I'm tired of living in sweat pants, and I refuse to buy larger jeans....you inspire me. :0)
    Debbi
    -yankeeburrowcreations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I'm one of those people who has to work twice as hard to lose anything so if I can, anyone can! I'm glad I inspire you :)

      Delete

I love to hear from you!